Groups that purposely

If a group owner started a sister group, and the members of the sister group as well as the GO created fake profiles just to stir drama in main group, would this upset you? Now keep in mind few people from the main group are aware of the sister group. Would you leave the group? Would you find it childish? What if they were purposely being jerks to get their kicks from it? No this is not about a b@$ch group. This is a fairly popular group.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yes it would. First of all, I have one profile and have no need to go under another name, so those who create extra names I will be very hesitant about being a part of. If there were verbal attacks against other members, then I would leave the group. I don't want to get caught up in the drama. I hope this matter gets resolved, but believe me, I learned a long time ago that when a person is not upfront or honest, they are not worth knowing (until they gain these traits)
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 7:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If you think someone has a second profile and it is not a group profile then report them to CM. Also if you own the group you don't have to let people in if you think it is a fake.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• if you don't like, yes you should leave. There are too many groups to waste time and energy on one you are comfortable with.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have left a group before because of being bashed. It completely ruined the group for me. If you think they are dupe accounts you should report it to CM and then leave the group.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It would upset me! I have never had it happen though... You could report it. This site is for mom's helping moms not bashing each other and harassing... :(
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would find it very childish and unnecessary. First of all, if a person has time to create multiple pages and keep up multiple personalities, then they obviously have too much free time. And doing it just to be mean is soo childish.
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 11:30 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• What I have seen so far is that the main subject can be divided, misquoted and just to steer up confrontation Don't need it don't want it personally. So read carefully and follow directions to avoid problems and get out after you have either answered, reported or skipped it. You control what you write and anyone can be right or wrong. We have enough controversy in this world without looking for more.

chillywilly10

Answer by chillywilly10 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I mean no offense to you personally by this question, and i'm being serious- but are you kidding me??? Does this kind of thing go on here? I joined this website looking forward to conversing with mothers like myself and making new friends... If your telling me this is just another site for people to bash each other I will very disappointed! I was expecting to find something of this nature here... I thought this was a website for moms to communicate and make friends... If this really happens - I would just like to state (for those who are participating in something so ridiculous) - Come on now, I can think of at least one thing more important you could be spending your time on... BEING A MOM. I am lost for words...
    Decksm

Answer by Decksm at 2:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i wld reinvent the group minus that trouble maker. pronto
    hotchocolatema1

Answer by hotchocolatema1 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• this would be annoying and childish but they are probably doing this to stir up more hits
    bambers481

Answer by bambers481 at 9:50 PM on May. 22, 2011