Light spotting after ER visit for "threatened abortion"...

Last night we went to the ER because I was sure I had miscarried on Sunday but was still experiencing sore breasts and major morning sickness. We weren't too positive after the pelvic exam (to which the doctor said, "it's probably a miscarriage, I don't suppose I'll find much of anything). However, they sent me to get an ultrasound anyway to make sure nothing was there. Well, there was a healthy baby! 7wks, 5 days. I even got a picture. Anyways, I haven't had any major bleeding except for Sunday but this afternoon I was trying to poop (I'm super constipated) and noticed some light spotting (only when I wiped). I'm already super nervous because of the "diagnosis" but is this normal? Every little discomfort is making me insane. Has anyone been though this? They said the blood work, HCG levels, and heartbeat all looked fine. Everything looked good. I don't see a doctor until next week.

NO2LA504

Asked by NO2LA504 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it is normal. it can just be a little blood from a small tear when they did the exam. just try to rest as much as possible. i experienced the same thing after my 'threatened abortion'(i hate that term!) and i know how much it can worry you! you just have to take care of yourself and TRY not to stress.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 9:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• You may of popped small blood vessels from going poop,what you seen was not due to the baby or complications,relax until you hear different.
    Anonymous

• ps..we are the same week & days along..good luck !
    Anonymous

• most likely they did an internal ultrasound right?.... if thats the case then bleeding is totally normal. Heartbeat is the best sign there could be.......just take it easy and get lots of rest over the weekend. I'd tell ya not to worry but that is impossible, I had 2 miscarraiges and when i finall got preggers for the 3rd time everything made me a wreck. good luck!!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 9:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Well a few things is RELAX!!! I got like this with both of my children. If you had a pelvic or internal us it can make you spot... or since you are very constipated you could have hemmoroids and the skin is like breaking over them if that makes sense.. I did this with my children and they are healthy! I hate the term threatened abortion!! UGH! best of luck and God Bless
    AlexaRhea21

Answer by AlexaRhea21 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2008