Separated man....But, still living together???

I met a man who i started liking a few months ago. I like him enough to want to take it further. Only thing is, he is still married. Yet, there is a twist to the story........

They are separated and going thru a divorce and he and her still live together. I know his wife through a mutual friend of ours and i know for sure they are getting a divorce. And there is no love between them anymore unfortunately...They just live together for financial reasons...

I want to make the right choice here. So, before it goes any further. Should i stay and wait in this relationship. Or, should i get out now while the gettin's good?......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Tough call. I wouldn't be comfortable starting a relationship until they were no longer living together at the least, but a lot of people do live together as roommates until their divorce is final or home is sold. Personally.....I don't think I could do it, but i wouldn't judge someone else who made the other choice.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i would just wait until the divorce is final.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Play it safe and wait....

Answer by older at 7:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If you're really interested in him, I say wait for his marriage to be truly over. If that takes a long time, let him go.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• well, play it sort of lukewarm until they finalize. and dont playthe waiting game while you fall in deep love... if it's getting too hot, you have to distance... worst case is that they never move out or finalize yuck! but its ok if its really his livign situation like threes company and you can date while it goes. theres always a risk if they are still attached in any way. he is familiar with her at the very least and even this can be threatening. STILL there are many stories in the naked city, and why not this one? i am such a sappy romantic i say go for it but do not accept being put second or being hurt intentionally or too many apologies that become routine... i did too much giving and forgiving of abuse so thats terrible lol. watch it, but enjoy.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i would just play it safe and wait til the divorce is final...jmo
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 8:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree with the other posters that you should wait until his divorce is final and they're no longer living together. You don't know what might happen between them before it's finalized.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• wait until you know its over.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2010