Help!!! I started my 15 month old in day care - and I can't do it..... It's killing me inside. Can't afford to be a stay at home mom.... Any suggestions????

TaylorBuz

Asked by TaylorBuz at 9:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You'll get over it I promise. You have to find someone you like. I found that in home daycare with someone i TRUST it makes it easier
    alaskaice

Answer by alaskaice at 9:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• can u get a job where u work opposite shifts from your babys father? that way u can work and the baby is still always with mom or dad.
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 9:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Find a good work at home job or suck it up! I recommend Ameriplan for a work at home job because I have heard a lot of good things about it.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 9:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• oh daycare isn't that bad, it helps with their social skills and large motor skills. just give it some time, you'll get used to it.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I am with Ameriplan. And was going to recommend starting a home business... amydh beat me to it though. I'd love to tell you what I do and why I LOVE it!!

My kids are 15 months and 29 months... I can't imagine daycare!!

PM me and we will talk!

~Sabrina

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I love day care. My daughter loves it. She's been there since 8 weeks. She's starting to cry when I drop her off, but it's just the age (17 months). when I pick her up, she's too busy playing to even notice me. don't worry, you'll get used to it. If you can sneak away, go peek in at your child (not lunch or nap time!). I bet you'll find your child having a great time. you'll realize you miss your child, but your child is doing very well and learning great things.
    Anonymous

• Just give in some time.... I would say a month. And when you are at work try to do some things for you --- even if it's a 15 minute walk outside. Your child is in a safe environment with other children and the socialization is a great thing. Just remember --- it's much harder for you than for your child!!!
    Cafe Amy

Answer by Cafe Amy at 10:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I didn't want to go back to work once my son was born, but we really needed the money. I started doing daycare. I am only working a few days a week right now, so not making a ton of money, but it helps. If that is something you think you could do, I would look into it. It's a great way to earn income and stay at home with your kids! I can't go back to work now!
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 10:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My kids are at home, I do not work outside the home, we are broke but I wouldn't change it for anything. I get to be with them all day, every day and we make do.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:21 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• be with them as much as possible because they do grow up quick! cherish the moments while u can, don't go to work and dump your kids at a daycare because they'll be sick all the time and why even have kids if youre going to dump them at a daycare, raise them like a good mom does, and find a work from home job, the dad should be the one providing for the family, go back to work once your kid starts school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 AM on Oct. 25, 2008