Do you think its wrong, that Im going to be joining the Army and my husband will be staying home?

My husband is in the Army, well he was injured and will be coming home. Im going to join the army for one term while he stays home with the kids. I have been unfornate to be bale to stay home with my kids for the last 3 years.

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Tell your husband THANK YOU !!!! for his service. It is hard working, dedicated people like you and your husband who make this world a better place. :-) What other people think is not your problem. If they have a negative opinion, just let it fall off of you. They are not living your life. Enjoy everything you can and keep going. All that matters is how you and your husband feel about it. If he supports you, you go girl !!!!! Proud of you ...............
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It is a wonderful idea.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 8:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If the two of you agree on it that's all that matters. Good luck and thank you both for your service.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• NO! I think it is a good way to get benefits and you did GREAT by raising the little ones til three or thereabouts... if your husband is ok with it, if it grooves you guys and you feel like you will takje on the world and have a strong love or life plan then DO it!! your kids will think you are awesome when they are older... just love them soooooo much when you see them and when you get back. be so careful in all your actions... if your husband is a good caretaker of them or has family support in that it will be okay. i hoep none of his family are makign it hard for you... be a strong couple unit and do what is best for your family. dont worry about others, worry about each other and the children. KEEP in close touch with the kids maybe on skype if the army has that... love on your husband from afar... good luck and god bless you thank you for serving those of us with other callings. pour out all yor strength to kids when back
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It can't be wrong if it works for you.-

Answer by older at 8:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• no, why would that be wrong?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I guess not but I could never do that. I could never leave my kiddos and put myself at risk of never seeing them again. But if you think you can handle it then go for it.

Not trying to be negative but facts are facts.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I couldn't do it but I admire you for being able to. I agree if your husband is okay with it that is all that matters.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• got fit it!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010