Just found out I'm pregnant again

I took a pregnancy test earlier this week and it was positive. I have a son that just turned one today and I'm pretty nervous as to how I'm going to handle all of this. I had wanted to wait a couple years before trying again, but that's not going to happen now. The doctor that delivered my son, is no longer practicing and I am trying to find a new doctor. I called to make an appointment today and they aren't taking new patients until January. I told the receptionist that I was pregnant and it kind of seemed like she didn't care. All she said was "we'll call you if there's a cancellation". Um, thanks for your concern! I don't know what to do. I know it's early, but I still kind of need to know about how far along I am and such. Should I call back and express my concerns or just let it go and wait for them to call me?

PeanutsMom76

Asked by PeanutsMom76 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would find another OB. I wish you the best.
    Anonymous

• i'd find another OB...that's just rude and uncalled for. as for dealing with it, you'll be fine! i got pregnant 7 months after having my son, and so far everything has been going well, my DD is now 12 weeks. the key is putting them both on the same schedule, i got my DD on the same schedule as my DS when she was 3 weeks, so it's not that hard. GL and congratulations!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• you will be fine i have 2 1/2 yr old a 10m old and i am currently pregnant. I got pregnant with this one 4 months after my last baby.
    You need to find another dr. though.
    Anonymous

• deffenatly find a diffrent doctor, and congrads!:)
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Find a new OBl. and you will be fine.. I have a 3 year old and a newborn.. Which a lot of ppl would say is not hard but it is a bit challenging, very rewarding... You will be fine and do great!! I wish you luck!!
    AlexaRhea21

Answer by AlexaRhea21 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Congrats. I understand your nervousness. My son will be 27 months when our new baby arrives. At first I was think what have we done! But now I am excited. I watch my son with babies and he seems like he is ready for a little brother or sister.
    As for the doctor issue, I would keep trying. If you are pregnant they should attempt to fit you in as soon as they can. Do you have the ability to maybe have a midwife? It is a wonderful expereince and most do free first visits so you can meet them and all that. I know with my midwife, you could get in within a week, sometimes the next day. (If you have any questions, you can pm me. I love to share my experiences!)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2008