anybody have any ideas on how to get rid of a yeast infection on your skin?

everytime i get my period and wear a pad it breaks me out in a rash that is very hard to get rid of. i went to the gyn about it and he accused me of having herpes, which i told him it couldn't be because i started getting this way before i started having sex. well long story short he tested it for every std under the sun (all negative, and i took great pleasure in telling him i told you so lol) and it turns out it is yeast. i don't have any signs of an internal yeast infection.....it's just all on the skin. i tried eating yogurt but apparently that's only good for when it's inside. i also wanted to add that i can't wear tampons because the flow is way too heavy for that. any ideas? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Health

• The medication you use for the internal infection (monistat or whatever brand) can be used on the skin too. One of my daughters had torticollis (her neck muscles were shorter on one side then the other) and she used to get yeast infection in the fold of her neck on that side because it was impossible to keep it as clean & dry as it should be (imagine your cheek resting on your shoulder and not being able to move it up off there very far) The doctor told me to clean her neck and dry it was well as I could then use the over the counter medication meant for women's yeast infection on it. Sounded weird but it worked.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 8:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Air and sun shine kill yeast. So does peroxide.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I cannot believe your doc! What a jerk. I bet he has been none too helpful with this. The creams for internal infection will work. You can also try nystatin powder.

You may want to go to a homeopathic doc who can test your ph. A change in your body chemistry may make it go away.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• ook, i didn't know peroxide. my grandmom always taught me to 'air out' at night,so i do definately do that everynight, but i'll have to try the peroxide
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• o great.... good to know! i'll have to try it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010