Where can I find chore charts?

I have 2 boys ages 11 and 12 also one girl age 3. I had a chore chart that I made but I really think it was too much for the older 2 kids. Any ideas or tips. The boys are HORRIBLE at washing dishes (no dishwasher in home) so I do not find this a fitting chore.

gratefulangel77

Asked by gratefulangel77 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• http://www.dltk-kids.com/ - You can make a printable one there.

And don't take away a chore just because they hate it. Chores are meant to instill responsibility, trust, and hard work. If you just swipe it away because they don't like it, what are you teaching them?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You could make one yourself on your computer with a spreadsheet maker. =)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 8:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• hmm, maybe they're horrible at dishes because they knew you would not make them do it anymore lol. me and my sister had to do the dishes since we were 9 and if it wasn't done right then we would just have to do it again. but anyway, do you have them take out the trash and recycling? do the laundry? vacuum the carpets? clean the bathrooms? feed any pets you might have? those are all good chores for kids that age. just because they do it half-ass doesn't mean they CAN'T do it..... there's a big difference lol

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I seen a really cool one at target just the other day. It was in the toy section by the puzzles. It was magnetic, about $10 I think. I almost grabbed it myself but my kids are still kinda young for that.
    MrsNewman

Answer by MrsNewman at 8:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I made ours on the computer and them simply put it in a "report folder" (you know, the plastic ones) and the kids use a dry eraser marker to check off their chores through the week...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Here there is a store called School Tools. I think that's it. There should be school supply stores near you. Or parent/teacher stores. They have them. You can ask your kiddo's teachers about the stores. They have lot's of neat stuff.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Staples has some.
    Anonymous

• I think at 11 & 12 they should be good at doing most any chore.... Dishes shouldn't be a big deal. I'd either show them or tell them how to do them properly, or if they get an allowance tell them they won't get as much if the dishes are not done right.. A pp is probably right they could just be trying to convince you they can't do a good job so they don't have to. There are tons of sites online to make chore charts and print them, or to get ideas on how to do them.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010