due in less than 4 weeks...

This is my third. My first was natural no pain med at all, second I wanted a epidural the guy did of like 7 times and I only ended up with a numb leg, I really want to try getting one again but is it worth it I mean what are he chances it'll work this time. Scared about it even more so this time around cause I don't think it'll work again.

joleigh81

Asked by joleigh81 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like the anesthesiologist didn't know what he was doing. i would make sure i had a different dr. and if it is not working after the second attempt i would get a different anesthesiologist.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• that guy just didnt know what he was doin. i would try it again. congrads and best wishes.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• my first son I ended up with 2 epidurals and the 2nd one did work give it a chance not all anesthesiologist are dumb like the one u ended up with
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• In whatever you decided I wish you the best of luck
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My first 2 the epidural didn't work at all. So when I was in labor with my 4th I told the anesthesiologist about it - the same person did the first two, had someone different for the last 2. New guy got it right the first time, even though I was extremely worried about it not working again. He did almost as well with the last one. If you're in a large enough hospital maybe you can ask for someone different to do it if it's the same person?
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010