have you ever propped a bottle?

I did today... OOPS

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have 4 kids! And Yes I propped with all 4 of them! Sometimes you to do what you have to! Do what you feel is right! Your your childrens parent!
    Morton6

Answer by Morton6 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'd really like to say "Absolutely not, never, it's dangerous" but I did it a time or two..... Oops!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 8:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• only a couple times....i never liked to, but there were some times were there wasnt really an option
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Nope. But, I guess it is pretty hard to do when you are breastfeeding LOL!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yeah did it today to get my drink of water but only for a few sec.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Actually...never.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• no..... i made him hold it himself at like 5 or 6 months though. before that i didn't care i guess (it was my first and a long time ago....can't remember much lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• no! only to reach for something and not intterrupt a feeding, but nooo not for a longer term thing, you really have to hold it up fo rthem as their little lmouths are so fragile... maybe to answer a phone i will do it with a blanket scrunched up or a stuffed animal, but ONLY for a few blank seconds, then my hand is right back interacting holding that bottle. thier feeding should not be messed with and is very important to respect for thei rgrowth and peace in their trusting mind! they want to know YOU are there, YOU are feeding them and they are safe... not left to fend for themselves like a warehoused baby! i have an adopted son whos seven and a seven MONTH old daughter. YET he never breastfed and i fed him in my crooked arm the bottle all the time. SHE breastfed for fourt mophts and never got used to arm holding while feeding so i feed her whiel she reclines in her bouncy seat and i hover over and around her lovingly.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I got the stomach flu when DS was about 6 months old. I propped it a few times in a weekend cause i had violent diarrhea and vomiting (sorry for the tmi..lol). But those are the only times i remember doing it.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• ive done it but for a few seconds
    BUBBLES1121

Answer by BUBBLES1121 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010