how do i get my 4 yr old and my boyfriend of one yr closer

I have been with my boyfriend a yr and we have a baby together, but he doesn't really get along with my 4 yr old, they can never agree

elise1

Asked by elise1 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• thats just the way kids are!! My 2 yo and my 5 yo get along great....but my 2yo and 1yo cant get along for nothing!! i dont really know what to do...you cant MAKE them like eachother.....u just gotta hope they grow out of it......just make sure u are not leaving anyone out....
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 9:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• if you have minor children, you shouldn't have been dating. You should have just given 100% attention to your child. It's too late now. Since you have a baby now, you and your boyfriend should get married immediatelly and make it right and devote yourselves to each other for the sake of your kids!
    patrickroy

Answer by patrickroy at 10:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Hey, your four year did not choose your boyfriend. If you couldn't provide a decent husband and father for your FIRST child, why did you rush out and have another child with someone you haven't bothered to marry yet? What message does that send to your child?
    I don't blame your child for not wanting to have anythign to do with the man taking away all his mommy's attention.
    In fact, I hated EVERY one of my mother's boyfriends. No one likes the dude f*cking their mom. DO not expect your child to love or even like your new stud. Its not too late to start putting your children FIRST, yes that means YOU come second, and baby daddies come THIRD. If you dont get your ducks in line now, you will regret it the rest of your life.
    tellamber

Answer by tellamber at 10:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i totally read ur question wrong...... if they dont get along and you really love him try familt counceling or just talking to ur 4 year old and see why they dont get along! Your kids should come first...i'm not saying they don't.....you asked the ? because u wanted help, not negative answers! so check into family counceling i'd hate to see your 4 year old depressed....
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2008