Are you a sun worshiper or a moon worshiper?

As a teenager when all my friends were frying their skin in the sun, they always asked me why i didn't try to tan. I told them I was a moon worshiper that I prefered moon tans. I'm a light skinned redhead, cancer was not in my gameplan.

nananessa

Asked by nananessa at 8:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i guess they wanted you to look like a lobster hunh? lol well i'm definately a sunworshiper, but i don't lay out or anything.... i work in the yard alot and get my tan honestly lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have always worship the sun, the times I have bathed in the sun, are the times I have felt closer to God, the embracing rays did things to me, but you are right those rays do cause cancer, but boy did they feel good!

Answer by older at 9:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• sun worshipper, for sure. i'm half-cherokee, so i tan just walking out to get the mail!! i don't do tanning beds, or outdoor tanning..i just get what i get from yardwork and gardening, and little league!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• bump

Answer by older at 9:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• GOD i love the moon.. i always teach my babies about the moon liek a littl emysterious silver ball up n the night sky to protect them... i have told my son if i am not ther ewith him and he sees the moon, know that I am thinking of him at the same time!!! lunar things are so sexy to me.,.. i love sunshine dont get me wriong... but the moon is so primal and beautiful to me so dreamy!!!! i mean i believe in God or a Creator... but STILL the moon's pull on the tides.. or the fact that SO MANY lonely people or lovers looking up at the same time in the same hemisphere see the same moon is so majestic and mystical to me... mmmmm moon, crescent, waxing, waning, gibbous! FULL! lol
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'm a blond and very fair skinned, so I burn, blister,and peel. I use to tell my friends , who wanted me to tan with them, that I was the control, without me they wouldn't know they had a tan.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 9:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I choose the moon. Although I love the warm rays of the sun embracing me as if God was wrapping His arms around me, I lean more toward the moon. I, too, am a red head and light skinned.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 9:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Moon. I used to tan when I was a kid kid... But from the time I was about 11 or 12 I found out how incredibly sexy dark hair and super white skin is, and haven't set foot in the sun since... I love the "vamp" look and do my best to keep it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• a sun worshipper - from 12 to now (66) - and i see my dermatologist every 3 months and she takes those little cancer thingies off my body - i know i know - by sons and husband are furious with me - when will i every learn - at least i'm using a little suncreen now - for years, it was just baby oil and iodine... not smart - but i looked so good in a tan - and i still do - you would think i'd learn, wouldn't you????
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 6:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I am also a fair natural red head. I was stupid as a teen and "tried" to tan a bit and got burned like an idiot because I wanted to be tan like my friends. Now I know better and I don't care at all about tans, I am all about the sunscreen and big hats and sun protection.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2010