whats the best single grain cereal for a baby with a sensitive stomachs?

my baby gets consipated when eats rice cereal is there any better cereal ?

camo_chick86

Asked by camo_chick86 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Rice... I personally couldn't put my kids on cerial. It was too hard on their bellies. But Rice is best. Oatmeal and Barley will cause gas.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• That is a commin thing with the rice cereal. You can add a little prune juice to the rice cereal if you want or you can use the oatmeal cereal.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I agree with PP. Try prune juice or even 1st foods prunes. All the starch in rice will make them constipated really fast. I stopped giving my son rice and only give oatmeal along with other first foods.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• we had good luck w/the rice and oatmeal, but like PPs suggested, I mixed the cereal w/a 1st foods fruit and also breastmilk instead of water
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• How old is your LO? The constipation may be a sign that she is not quite ready for solids yet. Some babies are not really ready until 8 months or so. Also, you do not need to feed cereals at all. You can try some soft mashed banana, or soft mashed cooked sweet potato.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Oatmeal, my LO would get constipated with rice cereal. Oatmeal supposedly helps them poop and it's gentler on the tummy.
    Anonymous