I am considering homeschooling my 7th grader (age 12).

I homeschooled my others until they got to High school and they are extrodinary students and very resourceful however my son has not been homeschooled and he seems to be far behind in 7th grade. He attended regular school with regular studies but he seems lost and falling way behind. What should I do???? I am in tears for him because he cries all the time, he said he hates school and hates being confused and I cant stand it. He is so depressed. He is begging and crying for me to homeschool him like I did the older children(his sisters). Should I just do it?

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 9:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I agree, go for it. I tried my youngest in the school system and it was a disaster. I pulled him out and taught him myself. There are many homeschooling groups in the area where you can join and participate in social activities and field trips and even science labs! Perhaps the atmosphere is overwhelming to your son right now and to pull him from it may help. If no improvement, perhaps a councilor somewhere down the road can help you understand what he is going through.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 9:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Go for it mom...

Answer by older at 9:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'd give it a shot unless there's an important reason not to. He sounds very unhappy and may end up feeling like you cared more for the other kids education than his. You can always re-enroll him in public or private school if the homeschooling doesn't work out.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010