How would you feel?

We are currently in the process of looking for a new place to live...We are currently living in our home rent free, we own it, no mortgage or anything its ours...but we have to move because we want to be closer to family, with my dad being so sick and his nan is really sick. we have decided to move to be closer...
Ok here is the problem DH mom and dad wants us to move in with them until we get back on our feet...but they want us to get rid of our cat and dog, becasue they built a new home and dont want any animal fur in it..we said no, we are not getting rid of our animals, they are our family and our dd (23 months old) loves them.so they let it go for about a week, well tonight while they were talking to dh on the phone they said we could keep the dog, but we would have to get the cat put to sleep.....and we could move in with them....I am so mad at them, i told them a dozen times we are not getting rid of our animals. cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• WOW! That is Unbelievable- I would ask them what is going to happen to your Little Girl if she spills juice on the New Rug? My dog is just like my baby & if anyone Ever said something like they have to you & your husband i would be Done! They sound Insane & Heartless- Wishing you lots of luck-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i think if you put your cat to sleep just to move in there you will feel terrible and regret it forever....so you just have to decide if you can live with that because the guilt will likely never go away...i understand its their nice, new house but a little cat or dog hair is not going to RUIN it...would they rather worry about that than RUIN the relationship they have with you, your DH, and their grandbaby????????...give me a break, they need to loosen up...animals bring joy and comfort and everyone needs a little joy and comfort in their life. GL!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• seriously i can't believe they would even ask that. my family knows better and so does my husbands family. i mean you put it to sleep and a few months later your in your new home without your beloved pet. crazy people. tell them to piss off.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• because the dog and cat were my babies before i had my little girl, and i would not give them up for anything...
    would you be mad or would you just get your cat put down and move in with them?

I am not getting my cat put down...i am keeping both my pets!! I love them they are part of my family as well!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Where the hell do they get off asking you to murder you cat in order to move in with them? If the cat is in perfectly good health there is absolutely no reason to put it down. Ontop of that, how can anyone ask you to put down your animal like that? I wouldn't move in with them for anything if I were you. I don't care if they changed their minds and said you could keep both your animals. They're asking you to kill one of your babies and/or get rid of them both. How could anyone ask you to do such a thing, especially after knowing what they mean to you? No, don't do it. I'd be pissed.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010