Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If I wanted to watcha few children in my home - what type of training would I need? I would definately become cpr certified... Any other suggestions?

Answer Question

Asked by TaylorBuz at 10:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • check your state laws. in most states, after you have a certain number, like 5, kids in your home, you're considered a daycare. so if you keep it under that number, you don't have to do anything. but being CPR and First Aid certified helps! GL

    Answer by armywife43 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

  • Check with your local Head Start if you have one where you live. You can take classes to get state certified. They will tell you all the classes you need and CPR is one of them. I live in Oregon and I went to the orientation that wasn't required and because I went to that I got a stipen, which actually paid me $12/hour to take the classes. I don't know how it works in other states, but you should check it out.

    Answer by FertMert at 10:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

  • If you are certified in some states the state will reimbers you for part of your food. Some states have programs to let lic. family daycare providers borrow larger toys, small tables and chairs ect...
    Otherwise get your CPR and first aid card. And maybe even a food handlers card. Hope this helps.

    Answer by pnwmom at 11:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.