Has anyone compared Oragel to Hurricane gel?

I looked and both have the same active ingredient, so what makes the Hurricane better?

jasonsmommom

Asked by jasonsmommom at 9:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't use any. They are known to harden their gums making teething more painful. And if your baby is small enough, it could cause breathing issues.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Mine is done with the teething process but I have nephews and a neice that use the Hurricane gel. I always used baby oragel and my 3 survived it.
    jasonsmommom

Comment by jasonsmommom (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Listen to me: DONT use oragel!! my babies hated it. USE which WORKS to quiet and soothe them is HYLAND's dissolving teethign tablets you can get at CVS! Do FOUR under their tongue one at a time and IT WIORKS and i have a seven yr old and a seven MONTH old daughter. SO GOOD! no risk of overdose and this is homeoppathic... natural just contains calcium, belladonna, camomile and caffeine... in tiny percentages. orsagel just makes them uncomfortable and salivate too much.. they swallow it and get gassy. teething lasts a long time and i use hylands tablets. OR use humphreys tasblets... but these you have to SET four in a teaspoon of waterm wait fo rthem to dissolve and disappear, then spoon the solution into their mouth.. also works but not as well. PLEASe do this. ALSO if not enuff, use a dropperful of INFANTS (Not childrens) TYLENOLL> Cant use motrin or ibuprofin til TWO years old. be careful and PLEASE for your childs sake doit
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree that Hyland's teething tablets are the best. I even tried them myself when my wisdom teeth were coming in.
    onecuteladybug2

Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No don't tell her not to use it...her kids survived just fine....
    Anonymous

• WOW, I never knew people were so agianst Oragel, the teething tablets didn't work for my youngest but a little BABY oragel worked fine, as I said he is past teething< just turned 3 and had all his teeth by 18 months. I just wondered what the big deal was with the Hurricane gel, it has 20% Benzocaine just like adult Oragel yet you have to ask for it through the pharmisist. I would warn parents about the Hurricane gel because of the strength and the fact you pay $10+ for a tub when store brands with the same ingredients are a fraction of the price.
    jasonsmommom

Comment by jasonsmommom (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Hylands tablets work well as did Tylenol for my son because he got feverish sometimes w the teething or a frozen washcloth
    heartofgold408

Answer by heartofgold408 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I used orgel and I put binki's in the freezer and used those too. or cold carrits.I used too sometimes the infant finger brush on there gums
    Mamato2angels

Answer by Mamato2angels at 9:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• hurricane Gel almost killed my son- He had a sever reaction to it. His father thought for what ever dumb ass reason that his 2 month old was teething. so he put that stuff in my sons mouth, Colton stopped breathing, and had to be transfered via EMS to childrens hospital.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2010