How reliable are BBT's? adult content

If so many factors can make your temp increase or decrease (no matter whether you ARE indeed ovulating or not, pregnant or not, how can this be a reliable source? Everything from what you've eaten the evening before, to the change of temp (even slight) in your bedroom if it is warmer or cooler than the previous night(s), stress, lack of sleep, etc. all affect your morning BBT. My CM and OPK indicated ovulation. My BBT's were low for 4 days , then rose, but fell the day after that. My temps go up a degree then down a degree. It is has been like this for my entire luteal phase this month. What gives?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 9:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have no idea. I've never understood how to read the graphs, but here's a bump for you!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• From what my Dr. said just focus on the OPK they are pretty reliable. I don't chart everything cause it gets so confusing and really stressful. Good luck momma!!
    countryhotmama

Answer by countryhotmama at 10:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2010