Do you think 50 years old is too old to adopt again?

It would be a child at least 3 years old, not a baby.

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 9:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Adoption

• yes, bu tNO as long ad you can guarantee to take your citamins and be there for the next twenty years!!! lol i MEAN it! i have adopted at 33 but you have to weigh it seriously... if you can give a good home and are into parenting a lot, go for it!@!
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• oh absolutely not! If given the chance, by all means do so!
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 9:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Um, sort of. But if the person was of good health, and really active. Cause the person would be getting close to 70 as the child is graduating high school. My grandmother is 67 & she takes care of her great grandchildren who are 3 & 5. She's a health freak too, lol. But somedays it still wears her out, so we baby sit a lot for her.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• way to go thumbs up from me i am 53 i would love to have other child ,and your never to old to do any thing and 50 is just a number
    good luck with new member in family
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You can do it!! 50 is not old, especially if you have the drive in you, you are doing a great thing!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If you're going through an agency and not adopting a child from a family member or friend it's unlikely you'll be first pick. However, I believe that if you're in good health, you can financially, emotionally, and physically support the child the go for it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Do what my neighbor did, she became a foster parent, and ended up adopting a baby that came her way. She was 52 when she adopted Saul. He's 15 and doing great! Foster kids need homes! Good luck. Let us know!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think it depends on the person adopting, the child to be adopted and the situation. If you adopt a child that might otherwise remain in the foster care system forever, I would feel differently than if you were taking a newborn that could be adopted by a younger person. Plus, when grandparents step in when needed to raise a child, I am all for it.

Some children adopted by older parents do fine and thrive, others may resent being raised by older parents. I don't think it is always right or wrong for older people to adopt. Many factors need to be considered. 50 may not seem old, but you need to consider when the child is a teen how parenting may be, for you and them.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 3:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• no that is not too old
    tanya120

Answer by tanya120 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2010