Ever worry about the Ultra sound being wrong about the gender of your baby?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 9:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• After watching 300 hours of Ultrasound, I know the tech will not tell you unless 100%. I was interning. They can see pretty clear if it looks like a hotdog or hamburger.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I sort of did, I wanted a girl & got a boy. So for a little while I hoped it was wrong lol! But soon after I realized I did truly want a boy.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No, they were right every time. As early as 14 weeks with my oldest!!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I was told for the longest time that I was having two boys. Then one day an ultrasound tech said "Hmm we can't really see what that one is....the boy's head is in the way". We had mentioned to family and friends we THOUGHT it was two boys and I was convinced it was but when we delivered them and I heard "The first one is a girl!" I was overjoyed. I got my little girl and my hubby got his little boy. I would have been happy with anything as long as they were healthy but I was happy we got one of each.

I love having someone to paint toenails with and buy jewellery for ;) And she's only two lol. She loves her "polish" and it was a great way to teach her she had to keep her toes out of her mouth....yuck lol
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes. I have seen it happen twice! My sister had an ultrasound and it appeared to be a boy. She gave birth to a girl. My BIL's wife had an ultrasound which appeared to be a girl (EVERYONE bought girl stuff) and she delivered a boy by Csection. I saw both pictures of the ultrasounds and could not disagree with what they said.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It's always a thought in the back of my head, because really it can be hard to detect. Especially if it's a girl. However, I never put too much faith in what the U/S tech says. I have always had a feeling from the start (or in baby number three's case months into it) as to what the gender is. I have been right with all of my babies so far, and baby number three we'll find out for sure in Jan/Feb.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• my sister was told she was having a boy but she delivered a beautiful little girl by c-section!
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 10:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My third WAS wrong! I was told boy, had a girl, my 3rd!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• At first I thought it could be wrong but now I don't think it is
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i worried more about the ultrasound waves causing damage to my baby.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010