Does anyone want to make some brownies for me?

I'm really in the mood for brownies this evening but too tired to make them myself. Maybe I can bribe a daughter into doing it. Wish me luck!

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 9:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• This is, without a doubt, the finest browie recipe (of course, I make a couple of substitutions) :

4 squares Bakers unsweetened chocolate (I use whatever fair trade chocolate I can find
    1.5 sticks of butter (I usually use Earth Balance)
    2 cups sugar (succant gives these a really nice flavor)
    3 eggs or egg substitute
    1 tsp vanilla (I usually substitute about a tablespoon of good, dark rum; this really gives these a nice, rich flavor)
    1 cup flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
    1 cup chopped pecans (I usually use 1/2 cup of nuts and 1/2 cup of dried cranberries)

Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour (I use cocoa to keep these looking nice) a 9x13 pan. Beat sugar and eggs; mix in sugar; add vanilla and flour and mix well; add nuts. Pour into pan; bake 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Note: I like really fudgy brownies, so these come out of the oven after 30 minutes.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i love to make brownies for you if you don't mind fly down here ,
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If you can find 'No Pudge Brownies', our local Trader Joes carries them, you can make them in 3minutes and they are delicious and fat free!! You make'm with vanilla yogurt. 2min for fudgy, 3 for cakey, 4 for chewy they are soo declious and you can make the pan or single serve. Just awesome. the box is bright pink with a pig on it
    Taradoodles

Answer by Taradoodles at 9:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have some sitting on the stove .. But my pregnancy threatened me if I tried to share them. lol
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'm making some on Saturday, can you wait til then?
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sure, come to RAINY Calif
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2010