What are your feelings about the murder/lynching of Brandon Mc Clelland?

A black man lynched in Paris, Texas. Mr Brandon Mc Clelland was murdered 1 month ago althou the story did not make "National"news(Hmmmmm),he was tied to a truck by two white males he thought was his "friends,Mr Mc Clelland was dragged till his body parts was dismembered. His body was found in the middle of a busy road. The mother said it was so bad that they have to have a closed casket funeral.
In 1998 a very similar lynching took place in Jasper,Texas where James Bryd Jr was killed by a group of white males the same exact way. These small Texan towns have been known for racial division. It is reported that local law brushed off the idea it was a racial hate crime. There are some down south people who are afraid of this kind of activity,and even up north. I have heard stories like this,it is a shame how this can happen in 2008.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• First off any type of murder is so sad and hearing things like this just make you so sick to your stomach and your heart really pours out to the victim and their families. 2nd of all nothing surprises me these days I hear about teenagers killing their parents because they were simply grounded. I fear the way the world is and where it is headed.
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 10:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• It's not right. Just because it's 2008 doesn't mean there aren't psycho paths still in the world. Stuff like this happens all the time. Why does murder happen at all? Doesn't matter if it was driven by racial issues or not. Most racial violent acts don't make it to the paper or news and neither does those that are not driven by racial issues.

Anonymous

• Murders happen just about everywhere, every day. More people were murdered in Chicago last year than the American casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan since the wars began in 2002. Not all of them make the news, even in their local areas. Hate crimes, of course, usually make the media, and this one was posted on AOL (I just saw it). It may be a month after it happened, but sometimes there is a preliminary investigation if it isn't an OBVIOUS hate crime. Notice the deaths of celebrities are usually in the news before the bodies are even cold. It's sad, sometimes, what makes the media... but that's just the way it works.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If you don't think there are as many violent and gruesome murders committed on whites by blacks than you are purely ignorant!...the most famous case I can think of that you may recall is the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson....her throat was sliced from one end to another....and I hear Mr. Simpson is still looking for the murderer!
    Anonymous

• That is so sad. I can't believe people still do heinous things like that!
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 10:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Who is this ignorant anonymous poster talking about Nicole Simpson,this has no reference to the lynching that the victims suffered because they are black. There is no KKK for blacks,there is a history of this dating back 400 years or more. Don't bring up a domestic dispute issue or who really knows what happened she was in drugs but thats off subject. The story is about the black guy who was murderd like this,no not all stories make the news because the media controls what you see,they can make you believe this doesn't happen anymore. When folks talk about this all the time in Texas and the South.
    Anonymous

• OMG that is horrible. Why wasn't this on national news?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Yah why wasn't this on national news?
    loriec

Answer by loriec at 11:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Any act of murder is horrible enough, but to have it happen purely because of a person's race (or any other bias such as sexuality or religion) makes it even more repugnant.  You would think that people could have evolved past this bigoted type of thinking by now, but sadly that's not the case.

Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 3:00 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• This seriously makes me feel nauseous. Sometimes it's hard to believe it's 2008, not 1958. I hope those bastards become wet nurses in prison.

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 3:12 AM on Oct. 25, 2008