Age related..

What age schould I start to talk to my 9yr old about the birds and the bees?

Asked by tanya120 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Now. In fact, you should have already started somewhat. Kids are going into puberty earlier and earlier...and kids are hearing more and more at school. Stuff that is wrong. Teach your child the right info now before their friend teaches then all the wrong info.

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• A long long time ago... But since that didn't happen, start YESTERDAY!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• 3-4 years ago. This is a type of conversation that should be ongoing and get more indebth as the child gets older. Be open and honest.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I asked a similar question here a few weeks ago. I got my son a couple of books. One is called It's Amazing. It's cartoonish and about how our bodies work and make babies. It's very nonthreatening and they can pick it up when the are curious. I'm letting my 8 year old daughter read it,too. I also got him  "What's Happening to My Body" Book for Boys by Linda Madaras. They have one for girls. I'm not sure I like that concept of splitting up boys and girls, but I guess it makes sense, their bodies are doing different things right now. And, it does have information about the other sex and the changes they are going through, but less of it.

Answer by mellonhead at 9:18 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Um, IMO, you should have started years ago.

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• now---go rent the movie where do babies come from -or get the book --look it up on ebay or library---no joke-- my sister started her period at 9---my mom said it was the hardest thing 4 her 2 explain---i would do it now b4 she hears things from other people

Answer by barb09 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2010