my husband has threatened to take my dog to the pound

because he is tired of the messes, I have hte dog in training and I am dong everything that I can to keep the dog out of the way. what should I do if he follows thru wit his threats? I don't want to live with someone who is so selfish as to just get rid of something that I love just because it annoys him. He's had me and the kids upset about it for two days now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Tell him that it's your dog and you're working with it and he needs to just leave it alone. If you aren't expecting him to clean up after it, then he needs to stay out of it. But you also need to get it in hand ASAP. I wouldn't want to live with a dog in the house that's making messes all the time.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• that is ridiculous what kind of family man is that? you sacrifice for your family, you have patience with your family. That dog is your family. Did he want to put the kids up for adoption because they cried too much? (I'm being sarcastic and hopefully not offensive, I don't mean to be offensive towards you) Tell him to get over himself.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 9:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• wow it sounds your hubby is joy to live with i thought being married you work together ,when does it he speaks you jump,you are not a child you are adult so stand up to him if the dog goes you will have to sleep in dog house till he comes back,my hubby did not want me to have a dog i now have two and yes my hubby loves them both
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You can put in a doggy door and it will help because the dog can go out by itself. Also tell him potty training takes a little while and he should be patient. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If he takes it, I would go get it back. If my husband took one of my pets to the shelter, he would find the locks changed when he got home. That is completely disrespectful and a horrible thing to do. I think it also speaks of bigger issues in the relationship.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would suggest to him putting in a doggy door. Good Luck
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!! What kind of dog is it, how old? Your husband is very selfish as well as childish in his actions on this issue. I am a HUGE animal lover, I foster, adopt and volunteer at the local Pounds. Pounds are not fun places, they aren't like doggy spa's or daycares... Its hard and cold LOUD and sometimes cruel. Pounds usually have JUST enough funds to keep the dogs living from day to day. If the dog was to get sick, they will kill them. (EVen if they claim to be a no kill shelter) They just don't have enough funds for medicine food, water. If my husband would ever do that, he might as well live at the pound. I would suggest going back to crate training for a week or untill the messes clear up.The dog goes into the crate. As soon as you let the dog out it goes immediately oustide (hand a bell on a string by the door so on the way out you say Potty and then ring the bell with the dogs foot) Cont.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• While outside let the dog have a chance to use the bathroom (10 minutes)After thru using the bathroom, have a play time Throwing a ball or whatever toy they like. Then back in the crate. Everytime dog comes out of crate, it must go OUTSIDE. I hope I was some help.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010