Relationships

My brother is getting a divorce from his wife and is intending on marrying another woman that was also married and has decided to get a divorce. She is giving up her house and her kids for him. A matter of fact she is his ex-wife. My daughter was good friends with his present wife even before this divorce. Now he thinks she is against him and I am too, that we know things shes done. For example sell his 4-wheeler and trailor before the divorce is final. Know where she is when she's gone for a week. I don't know all this and I never dreamed I'd be in the middle of his divorce. Have I lost him, should I try to stay connected to him. I can't believe he's doing this.

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• What he does with his life is his business. It has no effect on you, your family, or your friends. I understand you having concern for him, and wishing he'd make better choices, but you can't make those choices for him. He is an adult and he is going to make the choice that he thinks is right for him. That means exactly what he is doing. You can share your views if you so wish, but that's about all that you really have rights to. Your opinions. Let him make his choices regardless of how you feel. Just support him in knowing that he's your brother and hope that in the end it all turns out for the best.

And just because he's making choices you don't agree with doesn't mean he's not still your brother. I would hope that he'd be there for you even if he didn't agree, just as you should be there for him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would back out and if he comes to you for support one thing but run from this?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Considering he is selling his trailor and 4 wheeler sounds like he doesn't want anybody to have it or he wants the money instead. It sounds like he already knows what he is going to do. You can't make choices for him, whether what he does is his decision, but whatever you do, don't put yourself into the middle of it. The last thing you need is someone to blame you for what's going on. He's the one that will have to live with what he is doing.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2010