Turning 3..

When your little one turned 3, did they magically grow out of the terrible twos??

gottalovemyboys

Asked by gottalovemyboys at 9:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• lol yea, but then she entered the try-some threes. even worse if you ask me!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would like to know more about this too. My daughter turns 3 in December.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I read that half-birthdays are the worst... So the "terrible twos" actually happens closer to 18 months and 2.5 than right at 2. By 3 they may be out of it, but back in around 3.5.

And I've heard several people say 3 is worse than 2.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I've heard many people say 3 is worse than two! I think because they really start testing you. My daughter will be 3 next month. I also have an almost 5 year old boy. I don't really remember 3 being so bad with him, I just remember my doctor warning me when I went to his 3 year old check up, so maybe it didn't seem so bad because I was expecting the worst. Or maybe he just wasn't that difficult of a 3 year old.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sadly, no. My son turned 3 in April. I was warned by a friend that the threes were worse and she was right!. Clearly it's going to vary by child but in hindsight, the twos were a breeze. They become masters at testing and pushing your buttons.. ON the flip side, they also get a lot more aware of the world around them which makes them more fun! You take the good with the bad!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I didn't find the two's all that terrible with any of mine. Three was ten times worse than two with my oldest child. My twins were easy two year olds. They just turned three; it's too soon to say for sure, but so far three seems to be more challenging with them also.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• 3 might be worse....lol
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Ooooh, bad news. It's actually the terrible threes, not the terrible twos. At least it was for my oldest and for my oldest niece. Maybe you'll get lucky, though!!! =)
    Patesmom

Answer by Patesmom at 3:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Oh, how I would LOVE to say "yep! It was like magic" the truth is .... it's worse! :( Three is hard because they are so independent (or at least think they are) they know what they want but have a hard time telling you, they are trying to do it all on their own, but have trouble at times. They are also growing and changing so much, all at once, it seems like it would be hard on them. And trying to keep everything they are learning separate is tough!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010