Dog lover

I have a pug and even after he has a bath he has this smell, my lab does not have this same strange smell. Do you have any suggestions as of what I can use to make him smell better, he smells like stinky feet.

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pets

• Ear Infection? I know when my labs had a ear infection they would smell like feet. Infection in their folds? Your best bet is to ask a Vet,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It could be that he has a skin infection. I am guessing of course but it could be that there is an over production of yeast in his skin. Pugs are prone to allergies and skin issues. Another possibility is that the food he is on is not a good quality food.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have /had hounds. They are supposed to smell, but mine have never smelled worse than any other dog. The ear thing makes since to me. Wrinkles make for smelly spots too. I too, sugest the vet.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yup.. sounds like infection of some sort. How often are you bathing? OVER bathing can actually be harmful to dogs, because it washes away their natural oils that keep their skin healthy. I too, suggest taking him to the vet for allergy and infection tests.
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 12:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2010