Curious about something.

I am an atheist, so I don't believe in things like this, but I am curious about people who do believe. I have read (repeatedly) about how the one thing that "God" will not forgive is if someone has denied that he exists. To people who have experienced something awful and screamed at him or stopped believing (temporarily I guess?), if you start believing again, does it seem pointless? If you truly believe this to be true that he will not forgive, don't you assume that you are doomed anyways after denying? I really do wonder about this? I have read so many comments about people who said they got upset, stopped believing, and then were "saved" and started believing again. BTW, please do not start quoting things from the bible in answers. Text in the bible is wrote so confusing, that I tend to just skip the quotes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think God understands that when we're upset or frustrated and say that we don't believe anymore, we don't really mean it. We might think we mean it but deep down inside, we don't. And when we realize it, we ask God to forgive us and of course he does.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have to disagree with that.
    I have been raised Christian all my life, I am not saying I am the perfect Christian but I am confident in my relationship with God.
    God forgives every sin, big or small. There are not exceptions no limits. Gods love is endless and if a person is truely sorry and repents, then they will be forgiven.

because believing in God is nothing-- demons in hell believe in God. Its just a matter of accepting him into your heart and living life for him.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• There is nothing that God will not forgive. If you come to him and ask for forgiveness it is always given. God will never turn his back on you and will never deny you his grace
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't believe God refuses forgiveness to anyone. I think people take that reference way out of context. The Bible is very adamant that anyone can receive grace, and that anyone who truly wants to spend eternity with God can be saved.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• See, I always heard the worst one was blasphemy. Which I was always told was taking the lord's name in vain. However, since I am no longer Christian, it doesn't really mean anything to me.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have screamed out at God many times for relief of something. I know children have cried out to Him while they are being raped or beaten or starved. I know men have cried out to Him for various reasons. We then blame Him for the horrible things that happen to us, yet, He is not the one doing the harm. It is a hard road to travel, but when a person does not understand the spiritual things (hence why the scriptures are confusing to some) it is hard for them to understand that it is mankind who is bringing these things on. When they step out of the will of God (that is what instruction is for in the bible), they are out in the open where demonic attacks are. It is not a matter of God does not hear them, He does, it is that they are out in the realm they chose to go and this opens up a lot of bad things for themselves and their children and on and on. So when they cry out, God hears, but until they make the choice to come back
    Anonymous

• to Him and following His instructions, until they turn their heart, He stands aside waiting. Then He welcomes them back with open arms. He looks past the yelling at him and cussing and such and forgives us when we recognize where our heart belongs.
    Anonymous

• First off.. I believe you are talking about the god that christians worship. I (and millions of others) refer to him as Thor. He is a vain god... all about himself.
    I personally do not worship Thor, or really any god in particular, although I do lean toward Diana... I believe that there is energy in the universe and that it can be manipulated. Just as neutrons and protons need to find their balance, so do I.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I understand what you mean - it is confusing. I don't believe in the "once saved, always saved" concept. Bad things have happened to me, or things that I think are bad but aren't really, and I don't recall ever denying God's existence, but I recall a few times I've been extremely pissed at Him. I repent, though, which for me is saying the Act of Contrition (a prayer that says "I'm sorry") and receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

God will always forgive no matter what sin was committed. The only time it's too late is when you're dead.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• There is a difference between being angry at Him, walking away, coming back and just denying Him.... We just talked about this at Kingdom Training School today. The only unforgivable sin is denying Him... never accepting His love ever.
    He loves His Kids so much.... He knows we will get angry at Him and want to turn away but He also knows that we will turn back to Him. Do you know the story of the Prodigal Son? This is the best illustration of the Father's Love for us! It is a story of a son who went to his father and asked him for his inheritance in which the father gave to him. The son went off and squandered it all and ended up in a pigs pen eating their food. He finally realised this: My father has hired servants I will just go and be a servant.. this is how the son saw himself.. an outcast, a servant . So he goes to his father and far off his Father saw him and ran to his son. The son was undoubtedly surprised...co
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010