how long do i wait?

my 8 month old was running a fever last night of 104 it came down to 102 when we went to bed and this morning it was 101. Today daycare called cause she was 102. So i picked her up and went to the Dr. She has an ear infection. This morning she drank 5 oz and at 930am she had 4oz. My Dr said to make sure she stays hydrated.. and she also recommended we gave her yogurt after each dose of amoxicillin. So that's what we did. She hasn't drank anything since 930am she's had two doses and two yogurt. Her last wet diaper was at about 630pm. Do i wait the full 8 hours before i call her Dr again? what would you recommend? also the Dr on call said to wait the 8 hours. Im very worried about her.

fenska87

Asked by fenska87 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Can you help her drink from a cup? The sucking on the bottle may hurt her ears.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• use an eye dropper to give her her formula

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would just keep trying to get her to drink liquids . ALso try pedialyte.
    Maybe she would like a popsicle, a regular or even pedialyte one.
    Im sorry I hope she feels better soon. Be sure to give her tylenol or off-brand to get that fever down-- that is dangerous to have it that high for that long. She could have a seizure if it gets too high.

sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i tried that i also tried juice sugar water formula drinking from a cup and i also use her medicine syringe to squirt some in her mouth she spit it back out...
    fenska87

Comment by fenska87 (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• dont wait eight hours. why dont you take her to the er. dont let her get dehydrated. try a lukewarm bath and slosh the water over her for liek five mnutes, then wrap her loosely in a towel, then put a cold washcloth on her head.. this i sTRIED AND TRUE way to breaka fever which i take ON as a challenge to rid my kids of it!!! worked fo rmy children and even when they got their shots and WOKE with a BIG fever!!! yikes. i am a niurses child. also use tylenol!!! even if it is a half dropper more than a dropperfuol dose... just dont use motrin ibu[rofen til they are two. GIVE and offer bottle of formula or breastmilk often to stay hydrated eve is she just sips at a time you have to offer.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• ok ill keep trying. Her fever is down with tylenol in her system. She is sleeping now..
    fenska87

Comment by fenska87 (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• she just woke up actually took two oz then fell a sleep..
    fenska87

Comment by fenska87 (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• take her to the er, dont wait especially with such a a high fever
    heartofgold408

Answer by heartofgold408 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I know what is like when they have ear infeccion my son used to get alot of those but it's weird they would go away as soon as I gave him the amoxicilin I think that's too long to wait for her doctor to see I would suggest you to take your baby to the doctor asap.
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2010