Where can I go for play dates for my 1 year old son to meet other kids his age?

HolliOrndorff

Asked by HolliOrndorff at 9:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Look online at your community page.
    There are also library activities every week sometimes twice a week. That can be fun also.
    I do caution you, get to know the child before. I have had so many bad play dates with my own friends kids. Especially boys>
    Not trying to scare you off but I was completely shocked with the bad play dates :(
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• haha good to know! and thank you so much!! that was great advice!
    HolliOrndorff

Comment by HolliOrndorff (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• library story times.
    Look online to see if there's a Mom's group or MOPS near you.
    Try a mom-and-me class. You can find them at stuff like Gymboree or music for tots type class, gymnastics gyms, etc.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Its Good to know parents and children. Before. And library story times gives u a chance to do both.
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• When my daughter was that age I actually found a local group here on cafemom and they had mall playdates, I went to quite a few and met a couple of people that I am still in contact with.....even if there is no groups like that online in your local area even iif you go to the play areas at your local mall you will find there will be loads of women with toddlers there for you guys to interact with.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2010