Being induced thursday anything I should know before the big day comes, this is my first child

was told i have mild preclampsia, will that affect being able to have baby vaginally

Am I likely to have to have a c-section done

rachel66

Asked by rachel66 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have learned to be openminded because a lot of the time things didn't go the way I thought they would. But it's all best for baby. And if you don't like something, make sure you speak up. This is your experience! Congrats. Your life is gonna change forever! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't know why you would have to have a csection... My personal advice, get the epidural & enjoy your labor...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I've been induced twice, two epidurals, two totally painless labor & deliveries and two wonderful experiences...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Bring DEPENDS!! Not all hospitals provide you with an infinite supply of those mega pads for the bleeding after delivery... I bring depends now... so I dont bleed all over my bed and floors trying to get to the bathroom! (makes for embarassing moments when you have or are expecting visitors...)
    101InfantryWife

Answer by 101InfantryWife at 10:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Also, Know that everybody poops... Dont worry about it!
    Everybody poops on the delivery bed whether they know it or not. Docs dont care, and neither should you. Good luck!
    101InfantryWife

Answer by 101InfantryWife at 10:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• get the epidural get the epidural get the epidural And don't let them tell you that waiting to get it will help your labor. I got it before my first contraction with baby number 2 and he slid right out a few ours later. I didn't even push!! Don't wait through the pain, if you are dialated, get the epidural.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• First off: Congrats on your new baby! I know you must be scared but it really isn't as bad as some say. Just keep your mind on the prize: that beautiful baby in your arms! No matter how s/he comes into the world - you will not care once s/he is here - you will just be over joyed that s/he is finally here and you can see and hold him/her!

I have been induced all 3 times, but never had a c-section - although I didn't have preclampsia either. I was high risk though - I had gestational diabetes and they do not let you go past 38 weeks. Being induced was definitely NOT the hard part! I had a crochet hook used to break my water. I didn't feel the hook, just the water gushing which is uncomfortable, but not painful. I did have pain meds, but I did not have an epidural with any of my 3 kids. I had back labor with all 3 so I am proud of dealing with the pain without the total pain blocker. GL hun!! Try to rest!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I was afraid to get the epidural and so I didn't. But that was my choice. It's good these ladies are saying how well things went with it. Had I been able to talk to someone like this I probably would have tried it. Especially with my last one! I was in back labor for 5 days. I refused to let them do a c-section! lol Again I was afraid.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Good luck.. And yesss epidural. It made it painless & enjoyable..
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It depends on what happens while your in labor. You may not need a csection.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2010