Is my husband being a jerk? adult content

An old friend of mine passed away in Fed of 2010, I recently got a message that his family is having a burial for him on 10/17. I didn't make the wake in Feb because I was just getting over pnuemonia. I bothered me that I couldn't go to the first one, so my husband and I talked about it and decided that I should go to the burial. Some how my husband and I got talking about my deceased friend who back in the day was someone I was dating when my then boyfriend now husband weren't on good terms. Well anyway there was always tension about whether or not I had slept with the friend and I didn't I had told my husband this years ago. We he decides that now would be a good time to talk about whether or not the friend & I ever slept together, I told him no!!! He wasn't satisfied with my answer and kept badgering me with intimate questions, like did he get to 2nd base or third base, did you give him a hand job. I told him to drop it, he

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• no your not wrong and you should forgive him. sometimes we can't fight urges to find out more even if the friend is dead. he should of let it go after all and after awhile it wouldn't be an issue. i'm sure he would of realized that eventually but hr didn't.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think there is no time to discuss previous sexual acts. My friend died many years ago. I still miss him VERY much. I never told my husband the details of our friendship. I would not discuss it with him now. Not only because my friend is dad, but because it is not good for my relationship with hubby.
    Yes, I would be mad, but his ego overrid his brain, so I would forgive him.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think he was dwelling on the subject alittle too much but now that he has apologized I think you both need to let it go. This can only end badly if you keep it front of both of you. Go to the burial, say goodbye to your friend but the two of you shouldn't talk about it anymore.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Tell him to let it go and move on.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Whats in the past stays in the past. Its not good for relationships to keep bringing it up...move on life is too short.
    safgirl

Answer by safgirl at 10:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I just don't get why he is so worried about it now. Your friend passed away several months ago, and he used to be a part of your life. Why doesn't your husband see that. He just can't be worried about you getting into another relationship with him now, so I don't understand his reasoning. If he was a really good friend, I see nothing wrong with that. If he's jealous, there is no reason that he should feel that way now. He needs to move on.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have that situation myself. The guy isn't dead and we didn't sleep with each other. Heck I only know of whats going on with him through other people. But he and dh have this tension for what reason, I do not know. I know dh thinks we slept together or did something, kinda hurts but whatever. I know dh would have a problem with me going. I even asked and he said, " I'd want to go to make sure his body is in the casket."

If I were in your shoes I would go. Dh will just have to understand. There are people in his past and if he wanted to go to pay his respects I would respect that and try to be understanding.

Men need to grow up.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2010