court

i have a court date in 3 days for vistiation rights. when i was pregnant he didnt come see me once or asked if i needed anything for the baby, shes10 months now and hes seen her 5 or 6 times,hes gotten her one pack of diapers and a few toys. and he does pay child support. but hes a freaken asshole, i remember when i was pregnant i was dying my hair and i posted something on myspace about it he calls me later that day yelling at me about my hair.*it is fine to dye ur hair while pregnant, i asked*

so anyways we have a court date in 3 days cuz he claims he never gets to see her, he came to see her wednesday but before that he hasnt seen her since july, but all of a sudden he wants to see her.

do u think the judge will let him have her like over night, or just a few hours every few days?

any advice,anyone in the same place? let me know.

btw we where never married.

xxmissrainbow

Asked by xxmissrainbow at 10:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in General Parenting

• From my experience, I'm thinking he won't get overnight visits until she's older. Of course that depends on the judge. Make sure you tell them he hasn't seen her that much. I can't see the court making you hand her over to someone she barely knows. I wish you luck! My situation is the opposite, he has visitation rights, but doesn't exercise them when he's supposed to, then wonders why my kids don't wanna go...MEN! GRR!
    mama14572

Answer by mama14572 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I think the judge will give visitation rights but probably not overnight to start with since your child is young and she is not use to being around him.

It's good he's paying child support a lot of men won't even do that. I hope he realizes that his daughter should be his priority and he needs to be father to her which is more than a little monthly check.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• You can tell the judge what you would like to see happen (so make a plan before you go) and the judge will consider it. It will make you look better if you are fair to him. But don't bend over backward and give in to him.

Maybe ask for a few supervised visits at first and then if those go well unupervised once a week and then build up to overnight.
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 10:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My experience today...Good Luck getting the Judge to listen to you even if you're the only one that shows up to court. I show up but he gets 1/2 WHAT??? And no he didn't have a lawyer show up either..Just didn't care to appear so wouldn't that say to the Judge that he doesn't care to show up for the kids? Well, not here in California today Oh yeah and great violence court advocates they fail to show up then too!!! Second time for them. "Don't worry, you won't have to go through this alone" BS!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2008