What have you found works good for teen acne?

My DD (15) has some acne that is worse at the present moment. I do know that she has been stressed with it being volleyball season and all but we have tried a couple of over the counter remedies and I am looking for any other recommendations. She does have sensitive skin to which she swells and gets red and itchy with certain foundations so she doesn't wear much foundation at all. Any advice would be welcome including any natural remedies.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Health

• I am not a teen but still get acne. I finally tried Cliniques Acne system. It works really well, better than anything else I have tried. It is a foaming cleanser, toner, and lotion. I use the cleanser and toner in the am and all three at night. It works great!
    chrisnjoesmom

Answer by chrisnjoesmom at 11:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I like the little scrublet things made by loriel I think. And the wave thing works well too.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• ok clinique makeup is hypoallergenic and it works miracles! Its about 28 for foundation but it worked really well for me also you might want to try their cleanseing line most of the time stores that sell it will give you a free demo they match everything up for you so theres no guessing...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I had acne as a teen. Nothing over the counter worked. I had to see a dermatologist, and eventually went on accutane. I had it BAD though, really BAD. The accutane cleared me up. I had to get a blood test once a week while on it though.

I can suggest using cetaphil facial soap and facial lotion. It is very mild, and I STILL use it today (15 years later). Tell your child to NEVER scrub their face with a wash cloth, for that can make breakouts spread. Use your hands to wash your face. Wash day AND night. Taking vitamin B can also help.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Proactive. Also, make sure your child cleans his/her face a few times a day & don't let her put her hands on her face
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Remove dairy from her diet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Jordan Essentials Oatmeal Milk & Honey glycerin soap to cleanse. Follow with the Shea Body Butter to help heal the skin & reduce scarring. Shea butter has natural healing properties to aid in skin cell regeneration. Our products do not contain mineral oil or parabens. Many of the commercially available acne products actually make it worse in the long run because they strip the skin & over dry causing your body to over produce oil, clogging pores.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:16 AM on Oct. 6, 2010