What are some ways to raise money for charity?

Later this month I'm going to be participating in the Susan B. Komen Race for a Cure. I have set a goal to raise $200. I was trying to think of some ways to raise the money but my brain just went blank. Any suggestions?

Juggalette0327

Asked by Juggalette0327 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• yeah im a sponsor for susan g komen so i have a link added to my website for donations, maybe if you have paypal get a donation button and email everyone the link to donate, social networking is great for that to or set up a donation cup at church or at local hair salons and such.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Walk-a-thons are quite common. Or, maybe a bake sale. Corporate funds need a primary contact with credentials to send money to directly.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I feel like an idiot right now. It's Susan G. Komen (my finger must have slipped on the keyboard).
    Juggalette0327

Comment by Juggalette0327 (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

I do fundraisers for "Causes" I would be very happy to help if you're interested. Just finished a very successful fundraiser for Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Let me know if I can help with any questions or details.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I also do frundraisers with the company im with. Let me know if I can help with any questions or details
    WAH_Mama

Answer by WAH_Mama at 9:01 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I wish I had some tips for you. My husband and I are walking in the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K walk. We set up a team under our company's name and have advertised it everywhere. Our goal is $5,000 and so far we've only managed to raise $5. I feel so discouraged and embaressed.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• A neighboring town has a yearly "Relay for Life" yard sale that's very well attended. Alot of people donate, the stuff is really nice, and it's great fun to go to.

Ask if any local grocery stores would mind you setting up a bake sale/hot dog table in their lobby or just outside on a Saturday. That's pretty popular with scout troops in our town.

The local college sponsors yearly car washes for the Five Diamond's Fund, plus having the kids go out with cans for donations near busy intersections.

With the election coming up see if you could sell coffee early morning near a polling station (never saw this done but it may be possible.)
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 4:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2010