DYEING MY HAIR

ladies i have jet balck hair and would like to dye the bottom half a nice platnium blonde at home.. but everytime i dye it it stays black ...whats the best hair dye brand to use at home.. and any good tips??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I'm pretty certain u can't dye black hair blonde at home. U need to have it done by a professional. I don't think the at home hair color kits work for dyeing black hair blonde.
    mom23girls541

Answer by mom23girls541 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• hmmm... I would go to a salon to have it done.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• YOU CAN NOT LIGHTEN CHEMICALLY-COLORED HAIR WITH HAIRCOLOR. you have to use a lightening or bleaching agent, especially with black haircolor. and, i might add, it will not happen in a single-process. better to have it done professionally..by a referred colorist, not just any salon with a good sale price.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:09 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Dull Scissors is right! I was going to say the same thing!
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would definitely consult a stylist on this one!
    Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 11:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Box colors are super bad for you hair. I have many friends that are stylists and they hate when people try to do their hair at home and then come to see them. Black to blonde is a tough one to do but I would at least ask a professional what they think first. Good luck to you.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• go to a hair colorist don't do it yourself.
    tiredofthis60

Answer by tiredofthis60 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• thanks ladies....
    plzbpreggo

Answer by plzbpreggo at 5:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Dark hair like yours has to be bleached before you can do a lighter color. Don't try it at home go see someone who is trained to do it, I went to beauty school and have seen what can happen if you mess up, not pretty at all.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010