what is a hormonal balance?

and how do you know if you have this what are the symptoms?i ask because im 10 days late w/no sign of period coming and a ton of negative test plus a - blood test

loomis6

Asked by loomis6 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• well you could have low amounts of hormones you need to make you have a period...i did and i only have a few periods a year..so i had to take clomid and metformin to get me back on track even after that it still took me a year to get preggo...the dr can do a blood test and see if your hormones are all outta whack
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• thank you what were your signs?
    loomis6

Comment by loomis6 (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• well my periods would be normal for a month or so then disappear for two or three...then with us trying for 5yrs with no pregnancys we were getting concerned..i was always angry and ill..come to find out my hormone level was 0...yes im serious my dr told me she didnt know how i was functioning as a person...i was always tired...once my meds starting working i started feeling better and like i said a yr later i got preggo...i started ovulating etc..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• this is first time ive ever been this late.i have symptoms of pregnancy but im not i am tured alot and now worried.i also am gettin a lower back pain and a pain tenderness on my left side a lil higher than belly button but on my side
    loomis6

Comment by loomis6 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• it's best to make an appointment with your ob/gyn. It could be a number of things..

with lower back pain and tenderness it could even be kidney related. So talk to your doctor about having them run a few tests to eliminate some of the possible reasons to try to narrow it down to what it could be.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• called dr today they told me to come in oct 14th i said isnt that kind of late being i will be 18 days late then they said they dont worry till a patient misses 3 periods!!!
    loomis6

Comment by loomis6 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010