if your child ever choked (badly) what was it on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Jolly Rancher candy
    Damn Husband let her get it
    he was 2 scared the shit out of me
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 8:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• A hair clip. One of those little, thumb-sized butterfly clips. My oldest choked on it when she was 1, and it was the most terrifying thing in the world. I don't even know where she got it because it was not a kind of clip any of us used; we had just moved into our apartment though and I assume it must have been left by the previous occupant. Omg I hate thinking back on it, it was traumatizing for all of us.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My 20 year old when was 6 months stuffed a gerber juice lid in his mouth and I pulled it out it took a couple seconds but he was okay.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• my son was just chocking on corn.....
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• One of my dds choked on a penny that she found in between the couch cushions- it must have fallen out of someone's pocket. It was scary because choking is silent... I was sitting near her but not really watching her closely, and I just turned around and her eyes were bulging and she was trying to clear her airway. She was probably about three... old enough that you wouldn't think you had to worry about it, but until about four she had a bad habit of putting weird things in her mouth.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• potato chip!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• A pickle. He was at a restaurant with my MIL. We were 45 min. out on a boat. She jerked him up and the waitress ran over and they go it lose. He was fine, scared, but ok. He had just turned 3 and has been eating pickles since he was 1. Don't know what happened, but MIL will not give him a pickle.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 11:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I worked at a daycare in school and had a 5 year old girl that always brought change in her pocket. Her mom gave it to her and she had it a school all day. I told mom no more money. Mom says she likes having it. I told her the kid would put it in her mouth and give it to other kids and I had some very little ones. it was a hazard. She came in off the bus one day, got to my room and looked funny. Her eyes were wide and popping out. Her face was turning colors. She couldn't talk. I snatched her up and did the heimlich manuver and out came a dime. Her mom never sent money again.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 11:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Peanut M and M's and a Potato Chip.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:09 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Coins... he's choked on a penny twice. I have NO idea where the hell he finds them.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2010