How did you get out of your abusive relationship?

I was in two very abusive relationships in a row, and managed to safely get myself out of both of them. I do believe that the first one led to the other in many ways...and they were both EXTREMELY difficult to leave. Easier said then done, for sure. I was just curious as to how any of you got out of abusive relationships?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• i haven't been in one, but i think (and i'm not judging you at all) you should take your time when it comes to looking for guys to be with. try dating for awhile, don't move in or stick to that one person. have fun. i don't know how old you are and it really doesn't matter, but you shouldn't put your eggs in one basket. start from there and work your way.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I was in one my self and just recently i had to remove my abusier from my home by giving him a 30 day noticce telling him that he had to go and i did not feel comfortable living with someone that does not trust me and looks at me like i am crazy. just could not take it any more that was the finle straw. but there was one thing that really got to me and that was my daughter was affected by the whole thing and so that made me sad. now that me and that person is not living together any more we get along just fine. For it was not hard at all to have him leave my house and i have been a peace every since then.
    MissMandy25

Answer by MissMandy25 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My son's biological father was abusive. I moved us all back in with my family. Including him, to make it easier to get out. I told him he had three months to go to counseling for the behavior or find a place to live. I could put up with a lot... but not the idea that someday it would be my baby being abused. (3 months and I expected at least 9 counseling sessions) He made his choice. It wasn't easy, but it was the right thing to do. I am ashamed I put up with as much as I did prior to having my son. I never thought I would be "that woman"... ah well. Learning experience.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• This message is from the person who posted this question...in response to MommaSyrup07....I appreciate the good advice, but I'm happily married now with a four month old little girl....these relationships I mentioned were a long time ago. I was just curious about other people's experiences with abusive relationships.
    Anonymous

• I was in an abusive relationship and it wasnt easy getting out when you are scared and dont know what the guy may or may notdo to you or the kids,the police intervined several times on different occasions but what took the last straw was I finally got sick and tired of the abuse and decided he had to go after the last beating so while he was sitting in jail (AGAIN) I met another man and found out there is love out there and when he got out I told him it was over and to leave me alone,its not easy if you have never been in an abusive relationship you dont know whats its like.Im glad you found your happiness.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 2:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• My current man and my ex were friends, until my ex decided to try to strangle me in front of him. My so, kicked his butt and offered for me to live with him and his roommates until I got back on my feet. We were friends for a while after that and he and his friends protected me better than ANY restraining order ever could.
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 1:53 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My ex husband was like that he was abusive and I got the hell out of there even when I divorced him he tried to have me dead h hired someone to follow me for two weeks so they can steal my car and they did then they stole the car ,cut the wires he paid them off .etc.I know he did this because the detectives came knocking on my door and the detectives told me.He was in jail he had money so I'm sure he had a lot of help planning this.He is a bad bad man
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2008