What can I do to get the same results?

Ok in June I started walking daily 2 miles and I sweated like a pig in this hot weather which I did not mind bc it made me feel like I actually did some kind of workout but now that the weather is getting cold I want to continue to sweat like this but when I do my walk I don't get that effect. I am semi-sweaty sorry tmi.
What would you do? I don't want to stop what I started...Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• If you are doing 2 miles daily walking i bet you are strong enough now to jog some of it...you could try walking half a mile jogging a fourth and building yourself up but that will surely get you sweating...and good job to you for sticking to it you go girl!!! :)
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 11:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree with shortleo--it's probably time to take it up a notch by adding some running in there. Also, sweat itself isn't indicative of the intensity of your workout. You can be getting an hard workout without the sweat if the air is chilly. Your heart rate is what's important. To reap maximum calorie-burning and cardiovascular benefits, you want to be working out in your targeted heart rate.

http://www.jackis.com/Heart_Rates.htm

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/healthtool-target-heart-rate-calculator

Sweat may make you FEEL like you're doing well, but honey, I can sweat when walking slowly if the weather is warm...doesn't mean I'm getting any fitter though :) And yes, big kudos to you for sticking with it!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010