Do you think we are going to have another "Great Depression"

what your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes - and its going to happen sooner rather than later.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Yes and we all should be ready.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Though it could possibly happen, I don't believe it will... not to the extent to which it was in the 30's. For one thing, we have a lot more going for us than that generation did. The crash of 1929 hit at the worst possible time; the overzealous farming of wheat on the Great Plains for 8 years beforehand depleted the land of it's natural deep root grasses. When a naturally cycled drought hit in 1930, then 31, 32, 33, and 34... the soil was nothing but dust. Hence, the Dust Bowl. Farms failed on top of businesses, and now food was just as scarce as jobs. The technology of the time offered no help, and government programs now common were unheard of then. I think this recession will get worse, but I don't think we'll hit the Great Depression II.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Oh man I hope not!! But I guess it doesn't hurt to be prepared.
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 10:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Yes, and I believe the people in control of this country are making it happen on purpose.
    sweetsauce

Answer by sweetsauce at 11:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• It will be worse than the Gret Depression. In the depression you had more people living on their own land and able to at least feed their families. I understand those in the middle of the country had it the worst because of the drought, but families elsewhere were hurting but not starving. Now you have most people living in cities and suburbs. Many can't or won't even grow a tomato plant. When there is no food in the grocery or no money to buy what is there, what are they going to do? Personally, my family is able to sustain itself. We have our own livestock and a garden. We also hunt and fish. We will at least eat. I took lessons from both my grandparents who lived through the depression. They farmed and had food. In fact they had more than they could use and would load up the car with chickens and produce and take into town to give to families in need that had nothing. I suppose we will be doing the same.
    Anonymous

• I don't think that it will be to the depth that it was back then but yes I do believe we are entering a depression.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 11:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Yes, if the wrong man is elected into office, I truly feel that our country is headed for some very difficult times. And I'm not trying to turn this into a debate or smear campaign regarding either candidate. In fact, I'm going to post this anonymously so that no one can even see which guy I'm supporting. I think wardrobe costs and birth certificate proof talk should CEASE. And everyone should sit down right now to examine each candidate's tax plan and its impact on the economy.
    Anonymous

• I think so. It's just a matter of how bad.
    bluecrayon

Answer by bluecrayon at 12:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I believe it will get worse before it gets better. Afraid we haven't seen the worst of it yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Oct. 25, 2008