My son is almost 18 months old when should I attempt to plan a trip on a plane?

heartofgold408

Asked by heartofgold408 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've done all the ages there really is no ideal age to be honest. Oh wait there is....30!!!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My oldest flew when he was around 3 or 4 months old... and has a couple times since -- just make sure you can entertain him for all those hours
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I flew with my children since they were 7 months old. The keys are: distraction, food, drink, music, and a fresh butt. For a toddler, definitely food, drink, and distraction. Portable DVD players are great! Coloring books and those jumbo crayons (easier to spot if you drop them) are also wonderful. Depending on the length of the flight, pack what you can because you know the attention span of a toddler!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My DDs first airplane trip was at age 6 months. We all survived. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i dont think there is a magic age, its aboput being ready, lots of snacks lots of things that entertain your child and pray for sleep! I did a long haul from Florida to Australia, 3 flights later our daughter was almost 2, i couldnt believe how good she was, she slept a lot....thank goodness! Good luck!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 5:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I took my son on a trip when he was 2 months old and then when he was a year and 3 months old so I guess there is no age
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• my son sleep threw his first plain ride thought we were in the car the whole time! like the outher ladies said bring snacks he can chew for when his ears need to pop a few toys to play with and just pretend your in the car!
    Jessika G.

Answer by Jessika G. at 10:16 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Whenever you want. My daughter flew at 5 months, 6.5 months, and 1 year.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2010