Does anyone else find it tacky to share a labor horror story to a first time mom, about to go into the hospital to deliver her baby?

I guess for me, mom is already on edge and everyone has different experiences. If it's not asked for why would someone share horrific stories of childbirth to a woman already anxious? THis happened to me, and I spent my last week of my pregnancy freaking out, to be totally fine in the delivery room. I'm NOT SAYING THERE ISN"T A TIME TO SHARE THESE STORIES, just not when someone says they are nervous about their delivery in the next 2 days. Or they don't know what to expect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes. Tacky.

Believe me, I have a WHOPPER of a horror story I could tell if I wanted to, but I keep my mouth shut. First-time mama doesn't need any (additional) trauma!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes but I have no labore horror stories and would not share them if I did!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It depends on the mom to be, I guess but it probably is insensitive and all 1st time moms are already freaked out to the max!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• most sugar coat it and aI don't agree with that..Its labor and it hurts but to tell them a awful experience thats not good.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yep. My best friend halfway brought up one of her friends almost bleeding to death, then shut her mouth and said she'd tell me later. Smart girl!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Not all of my labors went according to plan, but when someone asks I tactfully tell them to be open minded in case things don't go as planned, because it's all for the best of the baby. I couldn't sit there and tell a first time mom about to give birth that my son stopped breathing after birth. The odds of that happening to them are slim to none. Unless it's a similar situation, I'm pretty general. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• hill2, everyone knows labor hurts, we are talking about tact, not sugar coating.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If they ask and really want to know... why wouldn't you just tell them
    BUT if they don't... why open your mouth.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes. A few months before I was due to give birth to my 1st, so many ladies told me it would hurt so bad I would wish I were dead. So, I was scared to death to give birth. My daughter came so quick I didn't feel any pain. I was only in labor for an hour and she was out in 3 pushes.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2010