If you use reusable shopping bags, where do you keep them so that you don't forget them?

I try to keep them in the van, but I've got 4 kids in there and all the STUFF so I need every inch of space. Plus when I get home and bring everything into the kitchen the bag stash seems to get lost in the shuffle ...
How do you do it?

unsuspected

Asked by unsuspected at 11:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Shopping

• You sound just like me - I forget them every time. Still working on this...
    popcornlover

Answer by popcornlover at 11:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I keep mine in the closet next to the front door...that way if I get in there to get my shoes or jacket to leave i see them
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 11:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I keep mine in the trunk or hanging on the door knob that leads out to the garage.

I primarily use them for grocery shopping. When I'm at, say, Target, I just use their lovely plastic bags. They work well for picking up after the dog on walks. LOL! See, recycle, reuse! :)

Our grocery store let's you scan your purchase as you go through the store on a hand-held scanner. As you scan, you load your bags. Having my own bags is so much easier than guessing how many of theirs to take. When I get to check out, I swipe my card and my purchases transfer from the hand scanner to the register. I'm done. All packed. All paid. I love it. It does motivate me to take my reusable bags with me because, as I said, I just can't seem to coordinate the right number of bags when I have to use the stores plastic or paper. yes, I'm green by imcompence. ROFL!
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• next to my son's carseat.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• In the trunk or in the garage.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• When I figure that out, i'll let ya know. LoL

I got a ton of em, heck i've even looked on ebay for bundles of em. But for the life of me every time I leave to go grocery shopping, I forget them. Then I get home and see them and I am kicking myself!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I keep them in the trunk or in the garage.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• In my Honda Pilot ,I have this little area/slot next to the drivers seat that I call the "abyss" because things fall in there and I have a terrible time trying to get them out!! So I put a reuseable fabric bag in there ~ I never forget to use it now!! =)
    luvmykidz037

Answer by luvmykidz037 at 8:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have a rooster reusable bag holder
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 9:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have them all in one bag and leave that bag in the car. After I bring them in with groceries then I put them next to my purse so they go back out to the car the next time I leave.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2010