If you were stressed and/or depressed during pregnancy what impact do you think that had on your baby? Was s/he more irritable, needy, calm, anxious, etc?

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was very stressed with my first pregnancy and I think depressed. My son was fine. He was a terrible sleeper but he was pretty mellow. My next pregnancy was great and no stress and I was sooooooooo happy. My second son is high needs, irritable, and tests my patience every day since he was born
    Annacka

Answer by Annacka at 11:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't think the two concurred with eachother ever for me. Pregnancy was immediate freak out time for me. Hormones made me one crazy bitch!! All my kids are well balanced and were great babies.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I had the easiest happiest pregnancy ever with my son. I swear I felt better than I ever have the entire time and I was on cloud nine. People comment ALL the time about how he is the happiest baby they have ever seen (now toddler.) He really is a goofy/fun/happy personality.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:33 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Interesting Q, I was actually raped and also seeing someone at the time when i became pregnant with my twins. The whole pregnancy was a nightmare not knowing if the kids were my boyfriends or the other. I was extremely depressed!! Luckily the DNA showed it was my husbands (boyfriend at the time). But I had a boy and girl twins. My daughter for her first year was a great sleeper, great eater, really an easy child if I had her as a singleton. My son however was very difficult. He was colic which was horrible having twins. He was my worst when it came to sleeping and to this day he whines and cries very easy but has the most sweetest heart and personality. So I guess the one child could have been affected by my depression and stress but the other seems very unaffected.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I cried every day and was very depressed/anxious - my son is great - sweet/loving/well mannered
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I had a very stressful pregnancy, argued a lot with my (now) ex-husband, and he ultimately left before our son was born. My son was a VERY easy baby and has grown into a definite mama's boy. Oh, he's all boy, but he will not leave my side for anything hardly and when I am sick or upset, he tries to cheer me up. Even at the age of three, he is very protective of me.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 2:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I don't know. I've been in a bad situation my whole pregnancy, but I don't think it effected the baby at all.
    AshlyN.

Answer by AshlyN. at 2:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I was depressed my whole pregnancy and my son is so attached to me I can't even go pee without him being whiny and clingy . I have no Idea if the 2 are related but he is verry clingy but only with me .
    kimmi85035

Answer by kimmi85035 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2010