mom starts chemo 2morrow,what to expect?

hi yes my mom starts chemo 2morrow and im so scared i dont know what to do or how to help her,what happens after chemo?she is getting the strongest chemo PARAPLATIN INJECTION ANDTAXOL INJECTION,they put her a port in her good breast i think thats what is called,has anyone else got this done?

babydoll717

Asked by babydoll717 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Health

• My father has. Everyone really reacts differently. Some get sick right away others feel fine for about a few days before the fatique and such hits hard. She may not be able to keep anything down and be very tired. Keep your spirits up and it will help her do the same. If you want to talk your more then welcome to message me. My father passed away of Cancer, he actually had it twice prior but the last one he couldn't kick. I'm here if you need.

My heart goes out to you and your Mommy. HUGS
    AugustMidge

Answer by AugustMidge at 12:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• im soo sorry for ur lost...and thank u for replying,im just so stress out like i dont know what to do,i mean u hear about cancer and stuff but never do u understand the whole meaning of it untill someone close to u has it,its just so hard,i wish no one ever has to go thur this evr...but i want to thank u so much again and wish u the best...
    babydoll717

Comment by babydoll717 (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I am bumping the question for you-BEST of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:33 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• First let me say I'm sorry to read about your Mom. My mother passed away 7 yrs ago frmo esophogeal cancer.

I agree with August Midge. Everyone reacts differently to treatment. My Mom was already weak from not being able to eat properly cause her tumor was at the bottom of her esophegus at her stomach opening so it was hard for her to keep anything but liquids down. She had already lost alot of weight in a short amount of time ( and it was from that tumor and she had no clue til it was late ).

Its a very sad disease and I pray your Mom remains strong after. Its VERY hard to be tough and strong for your parent, but do try. Alot of people are stronger than we think.

I pray all goes well for her. Stay strong hun....♥hugs♥
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My dad went through chemo when I was younger. Though it was a different kind. I don't remember much, because I was just a child, but I remember him being tired a lot. Losing his hair that was always longer than mine. He did lose some weight, but he was always skinny, so I didn't notice it to much. He came through it okay. He never complained about pain or anything, though he did sometimes have trouble sleeping. I don't know if that was because of the treatment or not. My Dad  just turned 52 last month, and is never sick or anything. 

I wish you all the best with your mom. I'm sure everything will be just fine.Talk to her doctor, they will tell you some more common symptoms with the type of chemo your mom is having. Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk!

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• thank u for ur support and ur comments,thank u...
    babydoll717

Comment by babydoll717 (original poster) at 2:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2010