Husbands!!!!

Just got my DS,2, to bed after my husband let him climb on a chair and he fell off and all but put his teeth through his bottom lip. At first I thought we were on the way to an ER visit with all of the blood and screaming, but when I got him calmed down it wasn't quite as bad as I first thought. So, I asked my DH how it happened and he replies,"Well, he wanted to climb up and stand on the chair" OK and why didn't you stop him?!
Do you ever want to just shake your DH/SO and say what is wrong with you?

dmbutler

Asked by dmbutler at 12:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd be pissed. Sometimes I use the line "that's how they learn" but if it's going to be dangerous and cause us to go to the ER, then NO WAY. My husband knows better than to do something like that. I'd kill him. Figuratively of course.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• EEK! Yeah, I would have been pissed. Glad your son is okay.
    AugustMidge

Answer by AugustMidge at 12:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Ha I feel that way so many times!! I had just gotten our DS to sleep the other day, and my g/f had forgotten something at the house, so she came home, picked him up, started kissing him, and he woke up, then she said "okay well i love you guys i have to get back to work now" and left me with a baby that was crying and fussy, and did not want to go back to sleep, or lay down at all. this is not a first time occurance for this type of thing. lol
    awasmer828

Answer by awasmer828 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You know sometimes men don't think before they allow something to happen. I would have been pretty upset. 

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Glad your Little one is okay... but yeah, I do shake my head at him....all the dang time.

Although his approach to parenting has opened my eyes to alot and vice versa. I cannot count all the times he let our boys climb stuff and fall off of stuff... dh says, "Thats how they learn." <~~~~ Used to think that man was ape s**t, but they don't go jumping off stuff now LooL.

Just talk to your dh about your concern if you have any.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would be upset but then again men do not ever think about the consequences of their lack of action.

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010