Can being a workaholic be a sort of self-medication?

I've been struggling to deal with rejection with someone that I am (was) deeply in love with. I work in finance, a Saturday teller, and promoter. Tonight during a picnic, my ex had another woman by his side, and had his picture taken with her (actually ran to the camera with her in front of me). All I can think of is to work and work and work and work and work and work and work and work. I'm crying hard!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• i have caught myself getting way to absorbed in work when there is something I don't want to deal with...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• he might have found a mrs right now but stay strong you'll find a mr forever :) hugs
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 12:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Being a workaholic of sorts is a coping mechanism. Its good that you realize that your doing that, just don't let it out of control. Its one of the healthier cooing mechanisms.

Keep your head up, you'll have your days but each day will get a little better in the long run. Focus on yourself and your happiness. HUGS
    AugustMidge

Answer by AugustMidge at 12:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Kind of. It keeps your mind off of what's bothering you temporarily.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Of course, a lot of people use work for their escape from reality, although temporary.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2010