This is very personal to me so please be kind...

...do you think its odd that I've written letters to my unborn child? I started to write then after we got past our seventeen week mark. Which is when I gave birth to our other little girl (RIP OCT 17) due to preterm labor.

AugustMidge

Asked by AugustMidge at 12:18 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You have suffered the greatest loss of all. Nothing you do is weird. You have to do what is right for you. I hope my son and daughter know your daughter. I wrote to my son when he first died. I haven't written to my Sarah, but I talk to her and tell her how we are taking care of her baby. (((Hugs)))
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I do not think that is odd at all. I think it is very sweet and I think it's a great way to help you heal from your loss.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I lost a pregnancy at 20 weeks. I don't think what you're doing is odd at all.
    Chaitea.mom

Answer by Chaitea.mom at 12:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No not at all I actually tried doing that but they seemed silly so I quit, lol. I'm not much of a writer. But sometimes I'll write the traits I hope he has like "Evan I hope you're a brave boy and you stand for what's right" that kind of thing
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I don't think so at all. It is very personal so I tend to reserve judgement in situations like these but I would say not at all! :)
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think its beautiful and I wish I could share thoughts from being pregnant with my dd who is now 18. What a wonderful gift to give your child
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No it is not weird at all. I think its a great thing to do.
    lilma0608

Answer by lilma0608 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I wrote a letter to each of my sons before they werer born telling them how much I love them, how much they were wanted, and what I hope life holds for them. I figure I will give it to each of them on their 18th birthday or if I need it during some tough time in their teen years. So, no I see nothing wrong with writing to your unborn baby.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i think that's great its helpin you out in the long run
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• That is very swet and loving. You will be a wonderful Mom.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2010