Who'd like to brighten my day?

I'm home alone, save for the sleeping baby. Its been this way since my husband was deployed earlier this month. It's likely I won't see him until November of next year.
All plans I've made with friends since have for some reason or another fallen through, and most of them have their own plans to worry about (we're the only ones with kids yet). I live too far away from family for them to be of help. I go to Target, Walmart, or the like every day just for some adult contact, however brief.
I'm just lonely and sad, especially after everything's been done around the house and the baby's asleep. Offer any words of encouragement or funny quips you would like. I'd greatly appreciate it.

MamaLion82007

Asked by MamaLion82007 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• This too shall end, I promise. ((Hugs))

I'm missing my oldest son who left for boot camp 7 weeks ago. I have yet to get use to him not being here and accepting that he has moved on to a new phase of his life. We were a military family for 10yrs and I know what you are going through. My thoughts are with you, stay tough!

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Aww hope this time passes quickly for you! I know when I just gave birth, I was going through a little ppd and cried when my hubby was working. A 12 hour shift seemed like an eternity and I felt so lonely and my family also lives too far. Also, none of my friends have kids yet so nobody knows what I was going through. I am way over it now and hope you will soon too!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 11:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I can't imagine how hard that must be. I don't see my hubby alot, but that's because he works a few jobs, but atleast I know I will get the chance to see him eventually. Maybe you should look into going to mommy and me or some other type of group so you can get more adult contact. I know it must be really hard, but your a mommy so you know your strong and you will be able to do it. Good luck momma and hang in there!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Here's a joke I heard the other day.....One sagging boob said to the next "We better get some support soon or people will think we are nuts!" :0) Hope I made you smile!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Hehe, it actually did. Thanks.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• WOW! YOU SOUND LIKE ME! I DON'T EVEN GET OUT OF THE HOUSE SOME DAYS. EITHER I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY OR THE TIME! I AM REALLY SORRY YOU DON'T HAVE THE PRIVILEDGE TO BE W/ YOUR DH EVERY DAY THOUGH. THAT IS ONE WAY WE DIFFER. ALTHOUGH SOME DAYS I WISH HE WAS GONE. ANYWHO, I JUST FIND ALL THE JOY I NEED FROM SPENDING TIME W/ MY YOUNGINS! THEY ALWAYS BRIGHTEN MY MOOD! IF YOU EVER NEED TO TALK,MESSAGE ME! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 11:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• What about finding a moms' group so you can have that adult conversation? I've heard meetup.com is a good one and maybe you can find one on here that meets in your area. Or an military wives' group? I wish I had advice--but when you find a group you can regularly talk with I'm sure you'll feel a lot better until your hubby comes home.
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 12:11 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Sorry you're feeling down. Hope the time goes quickly for you. Here's a little joke for you...

Two cows are standing next to each other in a field.

Daisy says to Dolly, ''I was artificially inseminated this morning.''

''I don't believe you,'' says Dolly.

''It's true; no bull!'' exclaims Daisy.

or...

A dwarf, who was a mystic, escaped from jail.

The call went out that there was a small medium at large.

tehehe...wishing you all the best ;)

chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 12:35 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Sending you hugs !!!!!!!!!!!!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:05 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• One summer evening during a violent thunderstorm a mother was tucking her small boy into bed. She was about to turn off the light when he asked with a tremor in his voice, "Mommy, will you sleep with me tonight?"
    The mother smiled and gave him a reassuring hug. "I can't, dear," she said. "I have to sleep in Daddy's room."
    A long silence was broken at last by his shaky little voice: "The big sissy."
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 25, 2008